Klever and Moonbeam have collaborated to activate parameters inside the Klever Ecosystem; those features are now available in Klever Wallet’s new update for Android and iOS.
New Features include:
- Moonbeam parachain support $GLMR Send/Receive and
- all standard Klever Wallet functionality
With Klever Wallet, you can easily and securely receive and send using GLMR. In addition, we have activated our Charge feature, perfect for selling products or billing for services in GLMR.
What is Moonbeam ($GLMR)?
Moonbeam is an Ethereum-compatible smart contract parachain on Polkadot. Moonbeam lets you build or redeploy Solidity projects in Substrate-based environments with popular Ethereum development tools.
In addition to being an EVM implementation, Moonbeam is a highly specialized parachain that mirrors all of Ethereum’s Web3 features – RPC, accounts, keys, subscriptions, logs, etc. Moonbeam extends Ethereum’s base features with the addition of on-chain governance, staking, and cross-chain integrations.
In terms of Ethereum compatibility, Moonbeam has no equal:
- There is no need to rewrite or reconfigure existing Solidity smart contracts — developers can use them right away
- Use your existing Ethereum addresses and ECDSA signatures to interact with Moonbeam through unified accounts, addresses, and signatures
- Get the most out of Polkadot’s integrations: use existing tools such as oracles, bridges, wallets, and many others that are already built on Moonbeam.
In addition to providing integration and connectivity between Polkadot Parachains, Moonbeam also provides bridges to other chains like Ethereum and Bitcoin. Moonbeam was founded by Derek Yoo of Pure Stake in 2019.
Moonriver: What Makes It Unique?
Moonbeam is following a decentralized governance path. Network participants will be able to access the essential functions of the network through the utility token, Glimmer (GLMR).
$GLMR holders will be able to propose referenda, vote, and elect council members. It reflects Polkadot’s nominated proof-of-stake consensus mechanism. Using a Polkadot sharded design and shared security umbrella gives Moonbeam an extra level of scalability and security.
- Moonbeam provides an Ethereum-like solution on top of Substrate (rather than a Geth-based solution). Developers can reuse their existing smart contracts using the same tools and integrations they already use, and also take advantage of the modern Substrate framework on which Polkadot parachains are built.
- As a result of the Moonbeam network, Solidity or Vyper developers can now create multi-chain smart contracts and extend their influence into the Polkadot ecosystem. In simple terms, Polkadot’s blockchain enables seamless workload sharing.
- In addition to converting existing Ethereum DApps to Polkadot, developers can easily create new permissionless decentralized apps (dApps) with Moonbeam’s familiar Ethereum development tools. Moonbeam’s tools ensure that front-end dApps are moved between chains with minimal change.
- Ethereum developers (which are the largest market for existing blockchain developers) can bypass the scalability challenges associated with Ethereum due to the network’s expense and constraints by using Moonbeam.
Update your Klever Wallet to access these new features today.