The Australian Football League’s first NFTs collection was a great hit.
The Australian Football League (AFL), the only professional Australian men’s football competition, has rolled out its limited-edition non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
According to the tweet shared by AFL Mint, an official AFL NFTs marketplace, the Ripper Skipper 2022 non-fungible token collection sold out in around 12 hours.
Before the launch, AFL Mint announced that users can join the “allowlist”, which will give them an opportunity to be among the first ones to purchase these digital collectibles. In total, there were 3,800 packs eligible for purchase.
These packs included 78 “major moments” from the AFL team leaders during the 2021 football season. The non-fungible tokens retailed for 34.39 USDC. As with real-life card collectibles, users have received a digital pack of three cards with different levels of rarity.
The collectors had a 90% chance to receive common cards, an 8% chance to receive deluxe cards, and a 2% chance to receive ovation cards. On top of that, each collector had a 10% chance to receive a special Genesis Ball NFT. All of these non-fungible tokens included digital content, such as video and audio files.
This release was just a test drive for AFL Mint. The marketplace will launch another drop on August 24th, which will be available to the general public.
Moreover, AFL Mint is not planning to stop by only selling limited-edition NFTs. The company is also eager to expand the fan experience by adding game day events, tickets, and Metaverse hangouts with players.
According to the Executive General Manager of Customer and Commercial at AFL Kylie Rogers, their goal is to make fans have an unforgettable experience.
Through our AFL Mint brand, we will launch exciting new moments across our men’s and women’s competitions, plus celebrate past greats and other product releases that will bring a unique fan experience we haven’t seen before.
AFL Mint is planning to launch its user-available marketplace, where collectors would be able to buy and sell their NFTs. Moreover, in 2023 women’s football leagues Ripper Skipper NFTs are also set to be released.
This article was originally published in Bitdegree and can be viewed here: