Kusama is a scalable network of specialized blockchains built using Substrate and nearly the same codebase as Polkadot. Some call it a risk-taking, fast-moving ‘canary in the coal mine’ for its cousin Polkadot.
It’s a living platform built for change agents to take back control, spark innovation and disrupt the status quo in the crypto ecosystem.
What is bonding in Kusama?
Like every jargon, there is a basic explanation to it, hence bonding is like staking within any other project out there. Such that the user simply needs to implement the required steps to get started in bonding their Kusama.
It is also noteworthy that all networks on which you can nominate have a delayed exit period, called the unbonding period, which serves as a cooldown.
You will not be able to transfer your tokens before this period has elapsed, and you will not receive any staking rewards during this period (as you are not nominating any validators).
How do you bond Kusama in Klever Wallet?
To bond Kusama inside the Klever Wallet simply follow the basic steps:
- Click on the Kusama token from the portfolio page.
- Click on the next page on BONDING to enter the amount screen
- Enter the desired amount to bond (STAKE). Note, there is a minimum time of 7 days that your REEF is bonded, and always hold some Kusama in your account for transaction fees.
- Under the button CHANGE, you can select what to do with your bonding
- After all amounts are set, you can hit INCREASE BOND
After, you will be redirected to a screen which confirms that your bonding is placed.