Although the internet is known to be highly profitable for users, it is also important to maintain a high level of security due to the increasing number of cybercriminals who basically want to rob unsuspecting users of their money.
At Klever, our major concern is ensuring user funds are secured and always protected hence we focus on enlightenment campaigns to ensure users remain vigilant to the possibility of criminals lurking around for vulnerability in their usage of crypto wallets.
We have outlined some security tips to put our users on guard and remain vigilant while using their devices and making transactions on a daily basis.
These include but is not limited to the following:
- Always use 2FA: the use of two-factor authentication (2FA) which can be a text message via the user’s telephone number or the use of either the Google authenticator (GA) and an email verification can provide some level of security to the user’s account.
- Keep your private keys safe and secure: The private keys of an individual are unique to the individual and should not be shared with anyone no matter how close they are to you for your own personal safety. This would help to reduce the possibility of it being stolen or used to access the account of the individual.
- Choose a unique secure pin: The personal identification number (PIN) is meant to remain private to the individual and must remain safe and secure; however, many people regularly use pins that are obvious to the potential hacker, such as the date of birth of themselves or their families, posing a threat to the security of their information. To avoid security breaches, users should not use their date of birth as their pin.
- Use a cold wallet storage: A cold wallet storage like KleverSafe is a recommended hardware wallet developed by Klever Electronics for storing large amounts of crypto for the user’s safety.
- Always double-check all URLs and sources: The increase in cybercriminals has hit an unprecedented level with most of them mimicking and creating clones of websites and other resources all in the bid to defraud unsuspecting users. This is more of the responsibility of the users to double-check and confirm that the sites or resources they are using are authentic sites to avoid being misled.
In conclusion, Klever would continue to enlighten our community and potential members of these safety tips on a more frequent basis to protect them from the vulnerabilities associated with scammers and fraudulent hackers all over the world in a Klever way.